LUXURY YOGA RETREAT IN MOROCCO
YOGA WEEKEND IN MARRAKESH
9-12th October 2020
26 February till 1 March 2021
Join me to experience a long weekend of yoga in the sunshine set against the backdrop of the unique Moorish culture
From Friday to Monday relax, unwind and re-treat yourself to:
· High-quality yoga instruction in the retreat shala overlooking the snow-capped Atlas mountains. (all kit provided)
· Delicious and vibrantly healthy meals freshly prepared by our personal chef (many of the ingredients picked from the organic
· Luxurious accommodation in an elegant retreat villa with seriously comfortable bedrooms and plenty of shared space to rest
and relax. All rooms are en-suite.
· Peaceful grounds with plush green olive groves.
· Heated swimming pool.
· Warm and sunny climate. The average daily temperature in October is 27ºC and in February 23ºC
· Short travel time to be transported to a completely different culture. Only a 3 hours flight from London with no time zone
changes, so no jet lag!
· Sharing with a small group of other like-minded people.
· Passionate Moroccan hospitality.
With 6 yoga sessions throughout the weekend, the practice will be accessible to anyone. You can practice at your own pace and you will be offered modifications / choices to suit you.
The morning yoga sessions will start with optional kriyas, pranayama and meditation, followed by an asana class. This practice will take its theme from the surrounding environment and will aim to open the body, connect with the breath and encourage focus and alertness for the mind.
The morning practice will be followed by a deliciously nourishing brunch produced by our personal chef. Then you will then be free to swim and read around the heated pool, relax in the privacy of the one hectare garden, or take a nourishing afternoon nap in your cool and comfortable room.
The evening classes will take a more restorative focus. The practice will be grounding and quieting for both body and mind and will include some meditation and yoga nidra. We will enjoy a 3-course evening meal readying us for a good night of sleep.
One afternoon we will venture into the medina of Marrakech, steeped in history and culture and just waiting to be explored. Get whisked away to another time – a world brimming with multicoloured carpets, silk kaftans, spices, antiques, leather, pottery, jewelry, snake charmers and Berber culture.
We will guide you for a stroll around the souks where you can practice your bartering skills or settle to watch the world go by from a rooftop terrace café. There will also be the option to visit a luxury hammam (hand-picked after visiting many!) for a body scrub and massage. After the onslaught on the senses from the bazaars, architecture, arts, street food, donkeys, carts, motorbikes and people of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, we will return to the peace, charm and tranquility of our retreat villa.
THE COST OF THE RETREAT WEEKEND
The cost of the holiday is £675 per person for the weekend. This includes:
· All of the yoga classes that you wish to attend (6 classes, 2 kriya practices and a fire meditation)
· Brunch each day and 3 course vegetarian evening meals all prepared with the freshest ingredients by our personal and very
passionate chef . (dietary requirements can be catered for)
· Shared villa accommodation double, twin or triple ( taking into consideration compatibility).
· Airport transfer to and from Marrakech Menara airport. Friday transfer at midday. Monday transfer at 11am.
· Excursion to the medina to be immersed into the culture for shopping in the souks, Moroccan tea at a roof terrace and the
chance to visit a luxury hammam for bath and massage. (cost of hammam and massage not included).
Flights are not included in the price. Easyjet from Gatwick flights cost around £220
Hammam treatments are not included in the price and range between £30 and £60 depending on the treatment
Any additional transport beyond the retreat programme (:e.g. to the medina, atlas mountains or surrounding area) will incur an additional cost
The number of people attending is capped at 13
To inquire and reserve your place please contact me at